Our dispensary policies remain unchanged. Telephone requests for medication are not accepted. We encourage you to download the NHS app, use SystmOne online if you have password access or make a request in writing. We WILL NOT issue more than a months supply of any medications under any circumstances. Stockpiling of medication is unacceptable. GPs are working to ensure that repeat medications are up dated without any non-essential delay.
As online appointments are booked without knowledge of the patients symptoms we have taken the advice of Mid Essex CCG to no longer allow online appointment bookings.
Please allow 4 working days for repeat prescriptions to be issued.
To help prevent the spread please;
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Thank you for your co-operation.
Both our surgeries offer a dispensing service to patients living more than a mile from a chemist. All our dispensers are qualified and are available to help all patients with medication queries.
Regulations do not allow us to dispense to any patient who lives within a mile of a chemist or patients who are living in an urban area. However, exceptions can be made in an emergency or if you have particular difficulty in reaching a chemist, i.e. limited mobility. If you would like to discuss this further please speak to one of our dispensers.
LITTLE WALTHAM SURGERY
GREAT NOTLEY SURGERY
If you require emergency medication when the surgery is closed please dial 111.